Shattered Planet is a very difficult game. You explore a hostile world, trying to survive as long as possible. Sometimes you manage to find a new friend, but most of the time, everything is trying to kill you. And that’s okay! You’ll find some crystals along the way and take them back to the lab for synthesising into new items.
But you don’t want to be forgotten! Even clones should be honored for their achievements — and the others can serve as a warning to others. We already have over two dozen possibly obituaries, but we wanted to include our fans in building that number sky-high.
As you can see, the default obituary reads: “Here lies Clone001, who only just entered this world.” You can do better than that! I know you can!
So now’s your chance to get your ideas into Shattered Planet! If you can write the best obituary, we’ll put it in the game, plus we’ll mail you 3 limited-edition Shattered Planet stickers! Runners-up may get offers of consolation prizes such as beta test invites.
- Entries must be submitted before midnight EST, November 8 2013.
- Entries must be posted as a comment to this blog post, or on our Facebook page, or tweeted @kitfoxgames.
- Entries may include any name you want as the subject — your friends, your family, yourself! However, long names will eat into your space (see next rule)…
- Entries must be no longer than 117 characters, including the victim’s name, punctuation, and whitespace. If you want to include explanations for how this death/descriptor was earned, feel free to include it as well (even in a separate tweet), but make it clear which part of the entry is the obituary and which part is the explanation.
- Don’t be hateful or, like, gross. You know what I mean.
- Kitfox Games employees (all 4 of us) cannot win, but we may enter as many times as we want, for fun.
An example entry: Here lies Tanya, who had the reflexes of a sick cow.