Based in Canada
June 1 2013
Press / Business Contact:
A scrappy games studio focused on creating dangerous, intriguing worlds to explore. Games: Shattered Planet, Moon Hunters, The Shrouded Isle... and more to come!
Kitfox Games was founded by Tanya Short (Designer), Xin Ran Liu (Artist), Mike Ditchburn (Programmer), and Jongwoo Kim (Programmer) in spring 2014, with the gracious support of the Execution Labs incubator. Michael Ditchburn left the company 1 year later.Growth
Montreal is a fantastic place to start an indie games company. The city is full of talented individuals with contagious passion! Without the support of other Montreal developers, there's no way Kitfox could have made it this far.
Boyfriend Dungeon Announcement Teaser YouTube
The Shrouded Isle Launch Trailer YouTube
Moon Hunters Gameplay teaser YouTube
Shattered Planet Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Kitfox Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "BitSummit 2018: International Award and GameSparks Award" - Boyfriend Dungeon was selected based on the merits of a pre-alpha preview.
- "UNITE 2015: #madewithunity Showcase" - Moon Hunters was selected to show as part of the Unite 2015 showcase in Boston, USA.
- "MIGF 2015: Narrative Design Award" - The Montreal Independent Games Festival chose Moon Hunters for its narrative design award, citing its co-operative dialogue voting system.
- "Best Co-op Experience PAX East 2015" - Moon Hunters was chosen as the top co-op game of PAX East 2015 by Curse. "It's Dangerous to Go Alone"
- "It’s fascinating just to see all the different ways that the story can turn out [in Moon Hunters]"
- Gita Jackson, Kotaku
- "The Shrouded Isle [...] conjures up an atmosphere of entrenched, ineradicable evil the average triple-A horror game seldom manages."
- Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, Eurogamer
Canada Media Fund
A gracious and supportive partner in helping us afford to make Moon Hunters the best game it can be. http://www.cmf-fmc.ca/.
Execution Labs Incubator
The incubator where we got our start. We couldn't afford to bootstrap, and we couldn't afford to wait. http://www.executionlabs.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Xin Ran Liu