Based in Montreal, Canada
June 1 2013
Press / Business Contact:
A scrappy games studio focused on creating dangerous, intriguing worlds to explore. Games: Shattered Planet, Moon Hunters, The Shrouded Isle... and more to come!
Kitfox Games was founded by Tanya Short (Designer), Xin Ran Liu (Artist), Mike Ditchburn (Programmer), and Jongwoo Kim (Programmer) in spring 2014, with the gracious support of the Execution Labs incubator. Michael Ditchburn left the company 1 year later.Growth
Montreal is a fantastic place to start an indie games company. The city is full of talented individuals with contagious passion! Without the support of other Montreal developers, there's no way Kitfox could have made it this far.
The Shrouded Isle Launch Trailer YouTube
Moon Hunters Gameplay teaser YouTube
Shattered Planet Launch Trailer: Rise and Shine YouTube
There are far more images available for Kitfox Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "UNITE 2015: #madewithunity Showcase" - Moon Hunters was selected to show as part of the Unite 2015 showcase in Boston, USA.
- "MIGF 2015: Narrative Design Award" - The Montreal Independent Games Festival chose Moon Hunters for its narrative design award, citing its co-operative dialogue voting system.
- "Best Co-op Experience PAX East 2015" - Moon Hunters was chosen as the top co-op game of PAX East 2015 by Curse. "It's Dangerous to Go Alone"
- "Indie MegaBooth Showcase: PAX Prime 2015" - Moon Hunters was selected to show as part of the PAX Prime 2015 Indie MegaBooth area.
- "Indie MegaBooth Showcase: PAX Prime 2014" - Shattered Planet was selected to show as part of the PAX Prime 2014 Indie MegaBooth area.
- "IndieSpeedRunFinalist 2013 - Sculptorgeist" - Competitive 48 hour game jam (Tanya, Xin, Jongwoo, Mike Ditchburn). Chosen by Andrew Spink. "A fun and silly game that I played far too long trying to get the highest score."
- "MIGS Battle of the Studios Winner 2013 - GravCore" - Competitive two-person 7 hour game jam, against Beenox and Square Enix. Xin Ran Liu and Jongwoo Kim participated on behalf of Kitfox.
- "Exploring Identity in the Upcoming RPG Moon Hunters"
- Courtney Holmes, Pixelkin
- "monsters and encounters that seem to walk out of a misunderstood dream"
- Bryant Francis, Geek and Sundry
- "9 Best Indie Games of E3: this RPG hits all the points you want in a fantasy world"
- Anna Washenko, Mashable
Canada Media Fund
A gracious and supportive partner in helping us afford to make Moon Hunters the best game it can be. http://www.cmf-fmc.ca/.
Execution Labs Incubator
The incubator where we got our start. We couldn't afford to bootstrap, and we couldn't afford to wait. http://www.executionlabs.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Tanya X. Short
Xin Ran Liu