Based in Montreal, Canada
August 4 2017
In this cult manager, there are sinners aplenty, and not all are eager to confess. Each member of your community has 2 hidden traits - one virtuous, one heretical. If you’ve earned the favor of their House, you may investigate their reputation. Otherwise, you may appoint them to your seasonal council and watch their work for clues.
The Shrouded Isle began as a jam game for Ludum Dare 33: You Are The Monster. It's created by developers from multiple studios, and published by Kitfox Games.
- Choose a victim to sacrifice every season
- Balance power across 5 political families
- Randomly assigned secret virtues and vices
- Purge the sinners!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Announcement Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "(Prototype) Ludume Dare 33 Graphics 2nd place, Mood 3rd place, Audio 4th place"
- " I like to think of it as a gothic management simulator; grim and twisted in all the right places, with plenty of book burnings, heretics, and ritual sacrifices to go around."
- Ray Porreca, Destructoid
- "Keep the old gods asleep in village manager The Shrouded Isle"
- Jordan Devore, Destructoid
- "a haunting game that forces players to contemplate the lengths they’d go to provide for their people"
- Nicole Carpenter, Kill Screen
- "There is no hope of salvation"
- Kimberly Wallace, GameInformer
- "If you consider yourself a people pleaser who also happens to enjoy worshiping embodiments of madness from beyond time and space, you'll want to clear your schedule"
- Joel Couture, Indiegames.com
Kitfox Games allows for the contents of The Shrouded Isle to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from The Shrouded Isle is legally & explicitly allowed by Kitfox Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.kitfoxgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=shrouded_isle.
About Kitfox Games
A scrappy games studio focused on creating dangerous, intriguing worlds to explore. Games: Shattered Planet, Moon Hunters, The Shrouded Isle... and more to come!
More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Shrouded Isle Credits
Programmer and Designer, Kitfox Games
Erica June Lahaie
Art Director, Independent
Composer and Audio Designer, Independent
Writer and Producer, Kitfox Games