Well, we’re plenty pleased with the sales of Shattered Planet so far on Steam, Humble, and Desura. We won’t be retiring as millionaires anytime soon, but the PC version was definitely worth the time investment! And since I believe in transparency, here’s our actual numbers per-day:
And it’s no doubt in part due to the lovely press from these folks, among others:
- “Shattered Planet is out today, and it’s pretty great” – Mike Rose at Indiegames.com
- (In Swedish) “Whether or not you’re a roguelike fan, Shattered Planet is worth a look” (7.7 out of 10) – David Markkanan at IGN.se
- “Shattered Planet is an incredibly fun and addictive game, made only better by its sense of humor.” – Gameramble
- “Ultimately, Shattered Planet is a fantastic roguelike.” – Anthony Chodor at IAmThink
- “the perfect combination of space opera and silliness.” – Jillian Werner at Gamezebo
- “Fans of the roguelike and RPG genres may be interested in Shattered Planet” – Scott Mundy at Lusipurr
- “a solid PC entry for those completionists who aren’t afraid to die for their efforts” (7 out of 10) – GameSkinny
- (In Portuguese) “If you’re looking for a roguelike, this can be a great place to spend time” – The Nerd Maldito
- (In Russian) “The game is excellent in all respects, from the beautiful graphics, great soundtrack, interesting gameplay” (9 out of 10) – Soulcry
- “If you’re in to the comic-book style and want a more laid-back experience, I’d check this one out.” – Manapool
- “Exploration is at the heart of the title. […] perilous yet lovely” – Calmdowntom
- “Shattered Planet seems like a good fun waste of time” – Stephen Wilds of BlankMan Inc
- Let’s Play by Quill18– 23,000 views and counting!
- Let’s Play by SplatterCatGaming– 8,000 views and counting!
- Lots and lots of Let’s Plays!
Plus, for fun, Tanya had an interview with IndieGraph!
We’ve sold over 2,500 copies across all platforms so far, so thank you to all of our fans for a great launch week! We’re looking forward to continuing to improve Shattered Planet with this great community to help us out. We probably can’t afford to commit to any huge additions at this point, but we have a few improvements in mind, such as keyboard controls.
We’ll also be ramping up development of Moon Hunters, so keep an eye out on our weekly livestream on Friday afternoons (Eastern time) and watch the transition from concept art to our prototype development!