Based in Canada
June 1 2013
Press / Business contact:
A diverse Canadian games studio focused on creating intriguing worlds to explore. Games developed: Boyfriend Dungeon, Moon Hunters... and more! Published: Dwarf Fortress, Pupperazzi... and more!
The Kitfox co-founders are Tanya Short (Designer) and Xin Ran Liu (Artist). They started working together in 2013 on Shattered Planet with the gracious support of the Execution Labs incubator, and officially incorporated in 2014.Growth
Montreal is a fantastic place to start an indie games company. The city is full of talented individuals with contagious passion! Without the support of other Montreal developers, there's no way Kitfox could have made it this far. Kitfox prides itself on sustainable work practices and stability while developing their new IP.
Dwarf Fortress Dev Update Winter 2020 YouTube
Boyfriend Dungeon Trailer YouTube
Pupperazzi Publishing Announcement Teaser YouTube
There are far more images available for Kitfox Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "BitSummit 2018: International Award and GameSparks Award" - Boyfriend Dungeon was selected for two awards based on the merits of a pre-alpha preview.
- "UNITE 2015: #madewithunity Showcase" - Moon Hunters was selected to show as part of the Unite 2015 showcase in Boston, USA.
- "MIGF 2015: Narrative Design Award" - The Montreal Independent Games Festival chose Moon Hunters for its narrative design award, citing its co-operative dialogue voting system.
- "Best Co-op Experience PAX East 2015" - Moon Hunters was chosen as the top co-op game of PAX East 2015 by Curse. "It's Dangerous to Go Alone"
- "It’s fascinating just to see all the different ways that the story can turn out [in Moon Hunters]"
- Gita Jackson, Kotaku
- "The Shrouded Isle [...] conjures up an atmosphere of entrenched, ineradicable evil the average triple-A horror game seldom manages."
- Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, Eurogamer
Canada Media Fund
A gracious and supportive partner in helping us afford to make Moon Hunters the best game it can be. http:.
Execution Labs Incubator
The incubator where we got our start. We couldn't afford to bootstrap, and we couldn't afford to wait. http:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Xin Ran Liu