England, 1520. As the king or queen of this nation, you've been challenged to out-spend your rival, King Frank, at the Field of the Cloth of Gold. With the help of your staff and sycophants, you might be able to do it. Except you've misplaced your gold all over the castle... time to find all those chests and collect all those taxes! Maybe you'll bankrupt the country, but at least you'll have a good time doing it.
- 26 royal commands, including (M)arry, e(X)ecute, (C)ollect taxes, (B)less, (K)night, (P)lay Lute and (R)eform Church.
- Play as King or Queen and rewrite the laws to suit your whim.
- Non-linear adventure sandbox simulation. Rule your kingdom or wreak havoc in it, as you prefer.
- Meet Machiavelli, Suleiman the Magnificent, and more, in incredible historical realism.
- Original music tracks by Visager Music, as well as an adaptation of Henry VIII's masterwork, Pastime in Good Company.
- A bear. Beware.
Launch Trailer — YouTube
Announcement Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
[...] the funniest game I've played in a long time.Tarn Adams of Dwarf Fortress, Bay 12 Games
About Kitfox Games
- Kitfox Games is an independent Montreal-based game studio dedicated to developing and publishing only the highest quality games. We have a soft spot for exploring and discovering intriguing worlds. We're united in creating the best worlds to explore, and growing together in the process.
- More information
- More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fit For a King Credits
- Brent Ellison
- Creator, Independent
- Tanya X. Short
- Content Designer, Kitfox Games
- Josie Brechner
- Composer and Arranger, Visager Music
- Graham "G.P." Lackey
- Additional Art, Freelancer