Based in Canada
the past, and the future
The deepest, most intricate simulation of a world that's ever been created. The legendary Dwarf Fortress is now on Steam. Build a fortress and try to help your dwarves survive, OR adventure within a massive generated world. Purchase Dwarf Fortress in its new premium version to support its developers, Bay 12 Games.
Dwarf Fortress Classic has been available for free on bay12games.com for years, and will continue to be free and receive updates, as always. But for graphics, music, and Steam Workshop support, a paid version will be available on Steam! You may already be familiar with the tile set mod packs from Mike “Mayday” Madej and Patrick Martin “Meph” Schroeder. They’re collaborating on an all-new, from-scratch tileset, as seen in the trailer and screenshots. Meanwhile, Dabu has composed a few musical tracks to match the seasons.
- Not just generated geometry -- a whole simulated world. Generated rise and fall of civilizations, personalities, creatures, cultures, etc. Infinite hours of gameplay.
- Now with graphics! (Optional ASCII mode available.)
- Steam Workshop integration for easier modding
- A lifetime "living" project - created/updated since 2003, with no end in sight
- Generate your unique world and manage a bustling colony of dwarves, even as they probably mine towards their eventual demise.
- Optional ADVENTURER MODE: explore the generated world as a single hero in an RPG
- Optional LEGENDS MODE: read the history of the generated world and your games in it
- A new endless hobby, just for you!
Steam announce teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Dwarf Fortress. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
About Kitfox Games
A scrappy Canadian games studio focused on creating dangerous, intriguing worlds to explore. Games developed: Boyfriend Dungeon, Moon Hunters... and more! Published: Dwarf Fortress, Pupperazzi... and more!
More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.