Based in Canada
December 6, 2022
The deepest, most intricate simulation of a world that's ever been created. The legendary Dwarf Fortress is now on Steam. Build a fortress and try to help your dwarves survive within a massive generated world. Purchase Dwarf Fortress in its new premium version to support its developers, Bay 12 Games.
You may already be familiar with the tile set mod packs from Michał “Mayday” Madej and Jacob "Ironhand" Bowman. Together, their efforts are creating an all-new tileset featuring brand new pixel art by artists Carolyn Jong and Guido "Neorice" Bos. Dwarf Fortress Steam edition will have a 15 track soundtrack by Dabu, Simon Swerwer and Águeda Macias including tracks in the Dwarvish language!
- Not just generated geometry -- a whole simulated world. Generated rise and fall of civilizations, personalities, creatures, cultures, etc. Infinite hours of gameplay.
- Now with beautiful pixel graphics!
- Learn the basics with in-game tutorials
- A lifetime "living" project - created/updated since 2003, with no end in sight
- Generate your unique world and manage a bustling colony of dwarves, even as they probably mine towards their eventual demise.
- A new endless hobby, just for you!
Steam announce teaser YouTube
New Embark Screen YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Dwarf Fortress. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
About Kitfox Games
A diverse Canadian games studio focused on creating intriguing worlds to explore. Games developed: Boyfriend Dungeon, Moon Hunters... and more! Published: Dwarf Fortress, Pupperazzi... and more!
More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.