Based in Canada
September 5 2019
England, 1520. As the king or queen of this nation, you've been challenged to out-spend your rival, King Frank, at the Field of the Cloth of Gold. With the help of your staff and sycophants, you might be able to do it. Except you've misplaced your gold all over the castle... time to find all those chests and collect all those taxes! Maybe you'll bankrupt the country, but at least you'll have a good time doing it.
- 26 royal commands, including (M)arry, e(X)ecute, (C)ollect taxes, (B)less, (K)night, (P)lay Lute and (R)eform Church.
- Play as King or Queen and rewrite the laws to suit your whim.
- Non-linear adventure sandbox simulation. Rule your kingdom or wreak havoc in it, as you prefer.
- Meet Machiavelli, Suleiman the Magnificent, and more, in incredible historical realism.
- Original music tracks by Visager Music, as well as an adaptation of Henry VIII's masterwork, Pastime in Good Company.
- A bear. Beware.
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Fit For a King. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "[...] the funniest game I've played in a long time."
- Tarn Adams of Dwarf Fortress, Bay 12 Games
Kitfox Games allows for the contents of Fit For a King to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Fit For a King is legally & explicitly allowed by Kitfox Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.kitfoxgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=fit_for_a_king.
About Kitfox Games
A scrappy Canadian games studio focused on creating dangerous, intriguing worlds to explore. Games developed: Boyfriend Dungeon, Moon Hunters... and more! Published: Dwarf Fortress, Pupperazzi... and more!
More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fit For a King Credits
Tanya X. Short
Content Designer, Kitfox Games
Composer and Arranger, Visager Music
Graham "G.P." Lackey
Additional Art, Freelancer