Based in Canada
July 3 2014
A survival adventure on a dangerous world, searching for the cure for an all-devouring darkness. Punching aliens ... for science! Shattered Planet is a survival-exploration role-playing game set in a futurist world. The game is an uncompromising turn-based RPG, with endlessly generated content and over two hundred differently powerful items to find.
Kitfox Games creates dangerous worlds, provoking curiosity through exploration and unpredictable player-driven stories.
- You will die, but don’t worry! Endless clones will replicate your molecules perfectly. Good as new.
- Procedurally generated maps — every planet is different!
- 200+ items with crazy powers, from teleporters to samurai swords to orbital strikes.
- Hundreds of interactive fiction-style mini-narratives let you customise your story and role-play your character.
- Ridiculous yet accurate obituaries. In what other game could you say, "Here lies kleptomaniac Captain Sofia, vassal of the worm people."?
Launch Trailer YouTube
Launch Announce Trailer YouTube
Long screenshot - Desert YouTube
Bande-annonce Officielle - Le Signal YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "a very good roguelike"
- Jared Nelson, The New Yorker
- "Shattered Planet has landed in the sweet spot between learnability and surprise that keeps each trip new, fresh, and entertaining."
- Jillian Werner, Gamezebo
- "frankly beautiful"
- Michelle Starr, CNET Australia
- "Shattered Planet is a blast to play, and does a great job of making you wonder what’s around that next corner."
- Jeff Ortloff, Just Press Start
- "Shattered Planet is breathing new life into the rogue-alike genre"
- JC Richardson, Super Game Droid
- "The feed back loop of exploration, discovery, and conflict, is tight, pulling me back time and again."
- Charlie Elmer, Tomodom
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Kitfox Games allows for the contents of Shattered Planet to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Shattered Planet is legally & explicitly allowed by Kitfox Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.kitfoxgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=shattered_planet.
About Kitfox Games
A diverse Canadian games studio focused on creating intriguing worlds to explore. Games developed: Boyfriend Dungeon, Moon Hunters... and more! Published: Dwarf Fortress, Pupperazzi... and more!
More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Shattered Planet Credits
Designer, Producer, Kitfox Games
Programmer, Kitfox Games
Xin Ran Liu
Artist, Kitfox Games
Programmer, Kitfox Games
Composer, Audio Designer, Freelance
Programmer, Freelance (2 months)
Artist, Freelance (2 months)