The deepest, most intricate simulation of a world that's ever been created. The legendary Dwarf Fortress is now on Steam. Build a fortress and try to help your dwarves survive within a massive generated world. Purchase Dwarf Fortress in its new premium version to support its developers, Bay 12 Games.
You may already be familiar with the tile set mod packs from Michał “Mayday” Madej and Jacob "Ironhand" Bowman. Together, their efforts are creating an all-new tileset featuring brand new pixel art by artists Carolyn Jong and Guido "Neorice" Bos. Dwarf Fortress Steam edition will have a 15 track soundtrack by Dabu, Simon Swerwer and Águeda Macias including tracks in the Dwarvish language!
- Not just generated geometry -- a whole simulated world. Generated rise and fall of civilizations, personalities, creatures, cultures, etc. Infinite hours of gameplay.
- Now with beautiful pixel graphics!
- Learn the basics with in-game tutorials
- A lifetime "living" project - created/updated since 2003, with no end in sight
- Generate your unique world and manage a bustling colony of dwarves, even as they probably mine towards their eventual demise.
- A new endless hobby, just for you!
- Switch to Classic Ascii glyphs with a press of a button
Steam Launch Trailer — YouTube
New Embark Screen — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Kitfox Games
- Kitfox Games is an independent Montreal-based game studio dedicated to developing and publishing only the highest quality games. We have a soft spot for exploring and discovering intriguing worlds. We're united in creating the best worlds to explore, and growing together in the process.
- More information
- More information on Kitfox Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.